        [Matt Benz]  Meant to say "as painful." No, the faux gospel was
worse. They pissed me off, and I couldn't even talk to em, and at least
one of the people I kinda respect and like. So they sucked the most in
all the worst ways we've discussed on here so much. I was seething while
they played, waiting for them to get off the stage so we could play for
a wednesday nite crowd
        in a stinky campus punk bar with backed up toilets....erm, wrong
rant...man, do I have issues...

        The Blacks were boring, showed none of the "crowd working" you
mention, staring pretty vacant at nothing, or some spot above the
crowd,the singer barely bothering to project, earning the name
"mushmouth" from me, and the songs just lay there and died. My pal Ed
loved em, bought the cd (which I've yet to hear: all this is snotty
opinion is based on this show), so I must be missing something.

        Now, I have work to do...