At 10:00 27.04.99 +0000, you wrote:
>I've been hearing some enthusiastic comments about a Western Swing CD
>re-release:  Billy Jack Wills /  "Crazy, Man, Crazy" / on Joaquin
>Records??
>
>Although it's possible I've heard this guy on a compilation, the name
>of *this* Wills isn't ringing a bell for me.  Anyone know about this?
>A California act, and apparently this recording is a radio
>transcription from the early 50s.
>
>--junior

I'm cheating and clipping this review of the 1996 release "Billy Jack Wills
& His Western Swing Band" (also on Joaquin) from the Amazon.com web pages:

<<Bob Wills's youngest brother had assembled a top-quality band of his own
in the early 1950s, and these 19 radio transcriptions (from KFBK) certainly
attest to the group's brilliance. Spearheaded by Wills (on vocals and
drums), Bob's former Playboy Tiny Moore (on electric mandolin and vocals),
and young pedal steel whiz Vance Terry, this band dominated the Sacramento
Western swing scene with a typically diverse repertoire, dynamic
arrangements, and fierce drive. Material came from classic old blues
standards, R&B, country, and jazz greats such as Duke Ellington, Woody
Herman, Artie Shaw, and Benny Goodman, as well as brother Bob's songbook.
--Marc Greilsamer>>

Tom E.