Twang-provisations:

Kudos to Carl Z. for opening his show with WSQ's Dock of the Bay.

Carl, your radio shows make me want to go back into the booth at
4am like I used to in Buffalo. I used to do a Saturday night from 1 am
to 7am
playing taped NPR stuff until 3am to 4am when I had an hour to play what
I wished.
It was great, I played what I wanted and no one bothered me...well that
is
until I shattered the airwaves with the Charles Gayle Quartet. That one
woke
the Program Director up. Ironically, Gayle was from Buffalo and had
taught at
UB in the 70's. My argument to the PD was that it was my job to keep
drunken drivers awake at the wheel. He didn't buy it.

Not their best, but it gives me a will to live some days is WSQ's
Ellington record.
Helps me soar sometimes. I also love the David Murray Special Quartet
version
of In a Sentimental Mood with Elvin Jones-Drums, Fred Hopkins Bass, and
McCoy Tyner on piano. It's one of those tunes I'd live to hear a really
talented steel player do. No kidding.

Dan Rigney
http://www.moths.com