> Any one out there a Nanci Griffith buff? I'm fixing to interview her this
> week and need to do my homework. Most of the bio stuff found online tends to
> be outdated at this point. I thought I heard that she was retiring from the
> road soon. Is that on track?
>
> Neal Weiss

In the 80s, I loved her stuff; then, with the exception of those records
where she covered all those classic folk songs with the best in the
business, her stuff got sort of precious, or over-ambitious, or I don't
know what. But I don't like her much now. I'm curious as to whether she
changed what she was doing around 1990, give or take, or whether I just
imagined the whole thing. She did write some wonderful road and relative
tunes, though, not unlike some of Lucinda's real personal songs. -- Terry
Smith