Wietse:

ran...@skurelabs.com:
> We were able to quarantine the message by using appropriate
> QUARANTINE event in milter. But after we call quarantine, the
> message is not delivered to user, I think that is fine. But we
> were not able to find the message anywhere. How can we find that
> message and resend to user if needed.

Use the maillog file to find the queue ID for the message.
Look for the string "milter-hold". I am using 4LN9p23LK0zJrP1
in the example. Your queue ID will be different.

    $ grep milter-hold /the/log/file
    <other stuff>: milter triggers HOLD action

Thie following gives more information about that message:

    $ grep 4LN9p23LK0zJrP1 /the/log/file

That queue ID should also show up in the 'hold' queue when you use
the "mailq" command. Example:

    $ mailq | grep '!'
    4LN9p23LK0zJrP1!       983 Tue Jun 14 23:31:34 u...@example.com

Use the "postsuper -H" command to release the message from quarantine.

    # postsuper -H 4LN9p23LK0zJrP1
    $ postfix flush
    $ grep 4LN9p23LK0zJrP1 /var/log/maillog
    released from hold

And perhaps some logging about email delivery.

        Wietse