On 4-Mar-2009, at 11:54, Wietse Venema wrote:
"postconf -n" does not list parameters unless they are set in
main.cf. The simplicity of the tool makes it useful for building
into other tools. If we start making random exceptions then we get
on a slippery slope (why stop with mail_version? why not also
include SASL and TLS, chroot stuff, and so on).

I do agree in principle with this, but I think that for version at least, an exception should be made. (OS is largely irrelevant, but version is pretty much critical all the time).

--
I've always had a flair for stage directions.