On Mar 15, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Damon Miller wrote:

We changed the server to use OpenDNS servers and all's well.

Thanks again for the help.

Be careful with OpenDNS:  They return false positives, e.g.:

www.abcdefghijklmnop12345.com.
Server:  resolver1.opendns.com
Address:  208.67.222.222

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www.abcdefghijklmnop12345.com
Address:  208.67.217.132

This is intended to direct queries for non-existent URLs to OpenDNS's
servers.  I can't guarantee this will interfere with DNS blacklist
operation, but it may.  The blacklist relies on NXDOMAIN responses to
indicate that a server is "safe".  As a result, you may end up
blacklisting every server on the Internet since OpenDNS will never
indicate a lookup failure.  Perhaps someone else can confirm this.

Noel already addressed this false concern:

   http://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=123612736717968&w=2

OpenDNS will not blindly redirect DNS queries that look like DNSBL requests. Notice the difference:

   % dig @resolver1.opendns.com www.abcdefghijklmnop12345.com +short
   208.69.32.132
% dig @resolver1.opendns.com 40.30.20.10.www.abcdefghijklmnop12345.com +short
   %