Dnia  5.11.2023 o godz. 13:53:46 Noel Butler via Postfix-users pisze:
> If correctly forwarded it does not break SPF, since correctly
> forwarding rewrites the sender, I was an early adopter of SPF and
> always used hard-fail, no lists have rejected my posts from SPF
> (trust me, if they did, I sure as hell still wouldn't be using
> -all), I have also applied the same in $dayjob over all these years,
> so I'd be the first to know if it was still a problem.

And *why* in the first place we define "plain" forwarding, without SRS, as
"incorrect", and with SRS as "correct"? It's only from the SPF point of
view, ie. the first one doesn't work with SPF, while the second does.

But because the default forwarding method used by all MTAs (especially by
Postfix) without any additional software, is the "plain" forwarding that
doesn't use SRS, I would insist that it is the "correct" method. As a
consequence, SPF as a whole is "incorrect" by the very basic principles it's
based on.

It's only a matter of point of view. If we assume a point of view that
associating a sender domain with a particular set of sending servers (which
SPF does) is "correct", then forwarding without SRS is "incorrect". If we
assume, on the contrary, that forwarding without SRS *has to work*, because
it always was and still is there as the default, then SPF is "incorrect" and
forwarding is "correct". (Of course, I mean here SPF with "-all", if you use
"~all" or "?all", that's tolerable).

Myself, I always was and still am for the second option.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa