2009/6/17 Tim Legg <kc0...@yahoo.com>:

> Okay, I made the changes people have suggested, but it still doesn't work.
>
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
>
> Below are the files which I believe are relevant.

The first two are good, but post the output of `postconf -n` instead
of main.cf - it tells us what the *actual* in-use parameters are.

> /etc/virtual

Okay... but down here:
> virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

A typo? Maybe. postconf -n will tell us what postfix is actually
using, though I suspect you meant /etc/postfix/virtual instead of
/etc/virtual for that filename.

> virtual_alias_domains =  example1.com, genex.example1.com,
> localhost.example1.com, example2.org, localhost.example2.org
> genex.example2.org

Usually you can leave this as the default
(http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_domains). That
way you leverage the fact that you've put "domain OK" in the 'virtual'
file, next to the addresses you're accepting. Convenient!