Linux Addict wrote:

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Sahil Tandon <sa...@tandon.net <mailto:sa...@tandon.net>> wrote:

    On Jun 25, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Linux Addict <linuxaddi...@gmail.com
    <mailto:linuxaddi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM, ghe <
    <mailto:g...@slsware.com>g...@slsware.com <mailto:g...@slsware.com>>
    wrote:

        On 6/25/09 9:50 AM, Linux Addict wrote:

            A device uses postfix relay to send mails out. When I
            receive them in
            outlook, they are 4 hrs behind. When I looked at the
            header, postfix seems
            to doing -400 (EDT).

        Hmmm. 4 hours. Are you using greylisting?

-- Glenn English
        <mailto:g...@slsware.com>g...@slsware.com <mailto:g...@slsware.com>

    We are, but these aren't even going out. There is a transport map
    which directs it to internal exchange servers.

I am curious where its getting the -400(EDIT) from.

    No Outlook help here but what exactly is the Postfix problem?  Or is
    the GMT -> EDT terminology confusing you?  EDT = Eastern Daylight
    Time = GMT - 4:00.

Not looking for any outlook. See below the complete header. The BOLD text is where message enters the postfix and time seem adjusted.

On my Mail Client, the sent time is showing as Wed 6/24/2009 *1:12 PM* instead of *5:12PM* ie. -4 hours. I believe that was caused by -0400 (EDT) modified by postfix.

No, the postfix header is correct.  Look as the headers of
this message.  The time format in the headers is:
HH:MM:SS [local offset from GMT] [timezone]

The offset and timezone are optional, if the timezone is
supplied, the offset.  If no offset is provided, GMT is assumed.

But anyway, you're looking in the wrong place.  The date/time
in your mail client is provided by the Date: header.  Let's
see what that says...

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0