2009/8/14 Ebbe Hjorth <ebbe.hjo...@gmail.com>:
> No more hints? :-(

Do you still have a problem? You said, "Ahh, now we are talkin", which
sounds like you were successful.

Patrick's docs
(http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/postfix_tls_support.html)
are great, but I think they're a little misleading in this case. You
don't need to create a full CA, you (probably) just want a self-signed
certificate.

Do you need a CA-signed certificate?
No: most of the time, so just use a self-signed certificate
Yes: if SMTP clients *require* encryption, *and* will perform
verification of the server's certificate for trust. Note that this
applies to controlled conditions, like an enterprise; SMTP clients
from the internet should not care about verification.

Want to use a self-signed certificate?

1. Make the key:
touch smtpd.key
chmod 600 smtpd.key
openssl genrsa 1024 > smtpd.key

2. Make the cert, answering the questions when asked:
openssl req -new -key smtpd.key -x509 -days 3650 -out smtpd.crt

3. Add them to your postfix config as appropriate
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.crt