manoj.bura...@artificialmachines.com wrote:
Hello Everybody,

Here I am trying to configure my postfix mail server in following manner. To accomplish the same I have gone through so many online stuffs / documentation but still unable to configure it. So please help me to accomplish the same.

I have three hosts as,

1] 192.168.1.100(mail.example.com) >> It's a virtual IP of the HA load balancer. 2] 192.168.1.101(some host name) >> Having postfix mail server installed on it. 3] 192.168.1.102(some host name) >> Having postfix mail server installed on it.
Apart from this I have hosted my own JAVA application and glassfish server with postfix
mail server on both hosts :192.168.1.101 and 192.168.1.102. I have configured a virtual
IP "192.168.1.100:80" on HA load balancer server to load balance the incoming
connections to the hosted glassfish server. Whenever request comes from the internet on
80 port, the request will be served by one of the hosts 192.168.1.101 and 192.168.1.101
through load balancer. Now, from here the postfix mail server comes in picture. A
incoming request (e.g.create account request) comes on 80 port and it generates a welcome
mail through my JAVA application to send it in response to the same request. The
generated email should be delivered to the destination through host
192.168.1.100:25(mail.example.com) with some user authentication method. That's it. This
is my scenario which I am trying to accomplish. So, can any one help me to implement it?
or tell me the overall idea to accomplish the same. What to !
 do exactly? Is there any need to install and configure postfix mail server on
each host?

If you wonder why no-one has answered you, I guess it's because it's a bit difficult to find any real Postfix question(s) inbetween all the unrelated information you provide. The only relevant information is the one you didn't provide, and that is what kind of load balancer you use.

From your description you want to deliver mail to 192.168.1.100 - then you need to make sure whatever load balancer you use will forward port 25 to something that is willing to receive it. If you use a load balancer running on your Linux hosts (e.g. Heartbeat), both units must run a mail server. If you have an external load balancer, we can't know how you want to configure it.