Following the firewall/smtp relay page
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall

Process
- internal servers *send* through *my-relay*
- *my-relay* forwards to *master-relay*
- valid email is passing through for all the clients as expected.

- *master-relay* kicks back any undeliverable emails to *my-relay*
   I want the undeliverable email to be sent and received  on *my-relay*
    and not my work account.
- I work with end users to "fix" their undeliverable issue.

-- Bounce messages are *not* being received back from the *master-relay* to *my-relay*.

Particulars
-- OS: CentOS 5.4
-- my-dom.TLD = my domain
-- SUB-DOM    = my sub domain

Postfinger
--System Parameters--
mail_version = 2.5.1
hostname = mailhost.SUB-DOM.my-dom.TLD
uname = Linux mailhost.SUB-DOM.my-dom.TLD 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 17 11:37:14 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

--Packaging information--
looks like this postfix comes from RPM package: postfix-2.5.1-1.rhel5

--main.cf non-default parameters--
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.5.1-documentation/html
local_transport = error:local mail delivery is disabled
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_header_checks.regexp
mydestination =
mynetworks = ppp.pp.0.0/16, DDD.dd.0.0/16
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.5.1-documentation/readme
relay_domains = SUB-DOM.my-dom.TLD, my-dom.TLD
relayhost = *master-relay*.my-dom.TLD
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,permit_mynetworks
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450

--master.cf--
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
tlsmgr    unix  -       -       n       1000?   1       tlsmgr
rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
proxymap  unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
proxywrite unix -       -       n       -       1       proxymap
smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
   -o smtp_fallback_relay=
showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
retry     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
discard   unix  -       -       n       -       -       discard
local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
anvil     unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
scache    unix  -       -       n       -       1       scache

-- end of postfinger output --
--
/etc/postfix/virtual
root        r...@mailhost.sub-dom.my-dom.tld