Hi!

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> Stan Hoeppner put forth on 8/16/2010 6:56 PM:
>> Wietse Venema put forth on 8/16/2010 2:36 PM:
>>> Stan Hoeppner:
>>>
>>> Indeed, but then Google's scale of operations is not representative
>>> of most enterprises.  Large companies (I work for one) can self-insure
>>> for small accidents, small companies can't.
>>
>> Wietse have you done any testing with SSDs?  If not, would you like to?  I'm
>> sure various vendors would be glad to loan you some.  Get a mix of "consumer"
>> and "enterprise" SSDs.  And make sure you get one of the Intel X25-E 80GB
>> units. :)
>
> I should have made clear that they will do this for you, because you are,
> well, you.  ;)  I'm a nobody, so they won't loan me the hardware. :(  I need
> to see if I can get a gig doing reviews for hardware sites.  I kinda grew out
> of being a hardwarefreak a while back or I'd probably be doing reviews now. :(

Ok, just do it! start your own technical blog, and do hardware
reviews! Then: let us know to go there and put nice comments!

You can start with whatever hardware you have, then, show your blog to
your friends, and ask to review their hardware too, maybe, the college
where you study or studied, there you could have some contact with the
technical staff, and maybe you can get access to more hardware (after
showing your site, and explaining politely).  Also, don't you have a
friend with a computer store? there you may get access to hardware
"for free" (as long as you don't break it), and... more reviews!

The more difficult part is: coming out with a nice domain name for the
techblog :( .

Ildefonso.