Will Fong put forth on 11/24/2010 1:51 PM:
> On Nov 24, 2010, at 1:50 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>
>> You'd be better off with SliceHost (RackSpace) than HE, and SliceHost
>> sucks from a delivery standpoint.
>
> Hmm... Interesting. Delivery as in transactional or bulk?  I only had one or
> two slices from them, and off the bat had decent reputation for transactional
> messages. Every once in a while had a Yahoo transfail, but that was corrected
> very easily with a simple email to their postmaster.
>
> Just something that differs from my previous, yet limited, experience with
> them.

Both can have problems with bulk.  Slicehost shouldn't have many
problems with transactional email as RackSpace has worked pretty hard to
keep the snowshoe spammers off their network, whereas HE can, due its
reputation of hosting hordes of snowshoe spammers over the years, _and_
hosting a ROKSO spammer, as I already mentioned.  That alone is a _HUGE_
red flag to many receivers, especially given he's been on their network
for 3 months without being booted.

Hosting a ROKSO spammer is inviting everyone to cut you off at the
knees.  If you don't know what a ROKSO spammer is, please educate
yourself.  It doesn't get any worse than ROKSO:

http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=ROKSO%20FAQ

In short, ROKSO is a database of the worse 100 professional
spammers/spam gangs in the world.  If you were an ISP would you want one
of these outfits spamming from your network?

--
Stan