Le 29/11/2010 08:53, Mauro a écrit :
On 29 November 2010 01:56, Victor Duchovni
<victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com>  wrote:
On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 01:36:12PM -0700, ghe wrote:

I run postfix and my mail clients use smtps so I was thinking I may as
well close port 25.  How can I do that?

I'd use iptables or equivalent.

I have my doubts about postfix itself because I think that'd be an RFC
violation. So far...

The above is nonsense. You don't have to accept traffic on port 25 of
an MTA that is not an MX host (or whose IP is the A record) for a domain
that needs to accept external email.

How can you know if the inbound mail is coming from an MX host?

Your server is the MX host. inbound mail comes from anywhere (well, almost...).

there's nothing to do about this. it's how it works!

if you open a shop for people to come and buy things, then you'll need to have at least one open door, and people will come in via that door(s).

so focus on blocking spam using the well known and proven techniques...