I know this is a few days old, but i've been away on holidays

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Andrew Beverley <a...@andybev.com> wrote:

> > > Andy,

This assumes those ISP's use a third party whitelist, not that many do, so
save your money, many ISP's that use SA even zero score SA's whitelist
rules, maybe its demographics, but we are the only ones to decide what
should be whitelisted for our own networks, nt some get rich quick company.

> > > Problem isn't white/grey/black listings, its that they accepted the
> email with a valid return code but it never made it to the destination box.
> It only seems to be happened on a few recipients. Basically, in short,

current RFC for smtp permits silent discard of spam, even though most of us
have been doing it for decades.

> the destination ISP (in this case ATT) is making some type of decision as
> to what email you are receiving. Buying additional technology won't exactly
> solve this problem.

*nods*

Look at it from the ISP's point of view: If there is a list of IP
> addresses that are almost guaranteed to be spam free, then why use CPU
> power to process those emails through your spam filters? It also keeps
> an ISP's customers happier, because their customers don't like emails
> sent to them disappearing, as much as you don't.

because there is no guarantee of spam free mail servers, ever, and i dont
care which fantasy company wants to think there is just because a few
dollars change hands.

> ReturnPath are the other company that I'm aware of, and I think they
> have a pretty close relationship with Hotmail, but IIRC they are a lot
> more expensive, and their sales department weren't particularly helpful
> at the time.

RP, they are a marketing company, there news letters even contain info on
how to get their clients spam accross to others avoiding some common block
methods