From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org [mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org]
On Behalf Of Steve Fatula
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:04 PM
To: simon.brere...@buongiorno.com; postfix users
Subject: Re: reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname usefulness, safety

From: Simon Brereton
<simon.brere...@buongiorno.com<mailto:simon.brere...@buongiorno.com>>
To: postfix users <postfix-users@postfix.org<mailto:postfix-users@postfix.org>>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:26 PM

Write them a note with the RFC I say.  Standards are no good if you
let yours slip because it's Ebay.  or Google.  or InsetBrandnamehere.

I did exactly that. Have not heard back yet, if I ever will. I included some
sample log messages so they could see some of the servers with the bad HELO
name, not all of them have it, and of course the relevant RFC section. They had
some Paypal/Ebay troubles today as well (some payments could not be made via
Ebay checkout), and, I see they are making announced website changes starting
tonight as well. Perhaps it was a lot of work and they just screwed up.
Hopefully, some one who knows something will read the email and actually do
something! I did whitelist them in the meantime to avoid the check.