Hi

My name is Kenny and I am trying to set up postfix (as a Smarthost - relays
to another system) whereby all internal
systems defined in mynetworks should be allowed to send mail locally to
xxxx.gov and only a handful of systems
should be allowed to send to offsite email addresses.

I am using the default main.cf with just a few changes - added networks for
mynetworks and added the relay host to forward
mail to.  From one of your earlier online posts, you suggested to do the
following:

J.>
J.> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_client_access
cidr:/etc/postfix/allow_out, reject_unauth_destination, permit
J.>
J.> and in /etc/postfix/allow_out:
J.>
J.>     permitted.IP              OK
J.>     other.permitted.IP    OK
J.>     permitted.IP/range   OK
J.>
J.> The reject_unauth_destination check AFTER the client access check
yielded no
J.> positive OK or REJECT means that any other internal or external clients
can
J.> only send mail to authorized destinations, i.e., recipients/domains
postfix
J.> controls mail for.

I tried this and did not get my desired results; whatever IP I put into
allow_out either allows all or rejects all mail but I do not get the split I
am
looking for.  Are there any other parameters I need to set in main.cf to
make this happen?

Hope you are out there...and thanks,
Kenny