Hi List,

I have now looked all over the web to try and find best possible solution
for me... (redundant loadshared sending-only mailgw)... this is currently
what I think of doing...:
1. Setup 2 postfix servers in 2 physical different location with same
configuration (handles by our HostConfigurationManagementSys
tem).
2. DNS will be configured like:

; zone file fragment
        IN  MX  10  mail.example.com
.
mail    IN  A       10.10.10.100
        IN  A       10.10.20.100

3. Clients will use mail.example.com as server.

Only problem I see now is when one of the postfix servers dies. Clients
will still try to send mails to it as they are DNS RR'ed, but would get no
response ofcause if they hit the dead one.
(How) Do I handle this ? or will I just have to live with the time-loss,
clients connecting to dead postfix server, gives me when it has to retry ?

I can compensate a bit by setting low DNS TTL (like 15 minutes) and remove
dead DNS entry manually when our monitoring system alerts about port not
responding - but would like to implement a real redundant system if at all
possible... How do I do this - any howto I might have missed... ?

Thanks in advance :) !
~maymann