On Wed, Dec 11, 2013, at 12:29 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:

Hello,

There has been some whispers about considering migrating our mail
systems to Exchange Server. I want to try to nip this in the bud.

I would like to ask for some help with providing some kind of
comparison of large(r) commercial companies use of email systems...
specifically, those using Microsoft Exchange Server, vs those using
open source Linux/Unix based systems (including even commercial *nix
groupware based systems like Zimbra, as well as plain mail systems like
dovecot, or cyrus or courier.

For what it's worth, Cyrus will have caldav and carddav support soon.
There's a beta branch based on the 2.4 release, and it's close to ready
to put directly into the master branch too.  We're planning to release
a web based calendar client and port our addressbook at FastMail onto
it within the next month or so.

Regards,

Bron.

(anyway, aren't more companies just outsourcing entirely these days?)

--
Bron Gondwana
br...@fastmail.fm