Hello

We use MIMEDefang to do spam/virus scanning and also to forward emails in a
SRS compatible way, count bounces and do some phishing detection.

Now I have found out, that sometimes the functions to change the sender or
delete / add recipients do not work.

Its is mostly reproducable with this set-up:

A local user, say: ben...@ambonet.ch

Has configured to forward his address to:

te...@example.com
te...@example.com
te...@example.com

MIMEDefang doest this:

compute SRS sender
change_sender($srs-sender)
delete_recipient(ben...@ambonet.ch)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)

This works, the sender is rewriten, the email is received by all three
external recipients.

Now that user wants to still have a copy deliviered to his inbox:

MIMEDefang doest this:

compute SRS sender
change_sender($srs-sender)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)

The only diference is, that I don't delete the recipient.

Now my MIMEDefang debug output show, that all the parts changing sender and
recipients are run. I even get a RESULT file in the MIMEDefang spool directory
that contains all the changes.

But postfix then ignores those changes and delivers the email only via lmtp
and only to ben...@ambonet.ch. The sender also is not being rewritten.

I did als try:

add_recipient(ben...@ambonet.ch)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)
add_recipient(te...@example.com)

Same result, only local delivery.

Did I stubmle over a Postfix bug, or did I misconfigure something?
Could somebody point me to how I could debug this problem to find the cause?

And the very puzzling thing is, sometime the problem does not occur, but I
have not yet found out how to reproduce.

Kind regards

Benoit Panizzon
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -