Am 29.12.2013 20:23, schrieb Andrzej A. Filip:
> On 12/29/2013 05:51 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
>> UTF8SMTP tried to provide a path for gradual migration but failed.
>> SMPTUTF8 provides no migration path as noted above - it returns
>> mail as undeliverable. Without a path for gradual migration towards
>> internationalized email, I expect that SMPTUTF8 will fail, too.
>
> So SMPTUTF8 clients should be capable to set/choose traditional or
> internationalized sender address per recipient and split sending of
> multi-reipient messages?

it's hard to say how to handle this in a sane way
that's why for interoperability the idea of special chars should be avoided

> "where there's a will there's a way"
>
> I share your opinion that english speaking parts of Internet will be
> slow to mass support SMTPUTF8.  As native speaker of another language I
> do not see it as a very important obstacle

i fail how it could be helpful for anybody if as example his own
MTA accepts the address and the last hop for the final destination
rejects it - and that is what will happen for many many years if
not virtually forever because there are *a lot* of legacy systems
and that hardly will change in the near future

so even if *any* SMTP software would support RFC 6531 in the last
recent version this will not change the fact that as example the
next RHEL7 in 2014 will be supported for *10 years* with only
security updates and no functional changes

forget it