We are currently in the process of changing our domain name, and were wondering if there was any way for postfix (and Dovecot, but that’s a different mailing list) to present different certificates depending on what domain name users are connecting with? That is, for a period of time we want users to be able to connect using either the old domain name or the new domain name, without getting an error. We don’t, however, want to separate the domains - a given user should be able to receive and send mail from either domain interchangeably, as per the mydestination configuration directive (as I understand it). Is this possible, or will we need to simply change the certificate to the new domain, with the caveat that some users will be getting certificate errors until we can get around to changing their setup?

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Era Alaska
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7250 x7293

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:Brewster;Israel;;;
FN:Israel Brewster
ORG:Frontier Flying Service;MIS
TITLE:PC Support Tech II
EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=WORK;type=pref:isr...@frontierflying.com
TEL;type=WORK;type=pref:907-450-7293
item1.ADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;5245 Airport Industrial Wy;Fairbanks;AK;99701;
item1.X-ABADR:us
CATEGORIES:General
X-ABUID:36305438-95EA-4410-91AB-45D16CABCDDC\:ABPerson
END:VCARD