On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:39:49AM -0800, fleon wrote:

> I added the debug command you requested so you can see the whole error. I
> don't seem to have dns issues so i haven't felt the need for the brackets. I
> do seem to have the NTLM module

You need to add the "[]" not because you may or may not have DNS issues,
but because they are required to express the fact that you're designating
a destination host, not an MX domain (unless you're relying on MX records).

> I am aware of base64, so my tests with telnet i did use base64 to enter the
> username but as soon as i pressed enter i got the errors i posted. I wanted
> to find out the proper username syntax so i could edit the sasl password
> file properly.

I've not delved into NTLM in detail, but I would expect Windows style
names "EXAMPLE\user" rather than enterprise names "u...@example.com".

> My tests are being done with the sendmail command.

This is not important.

> I don't know how to configure the linux box properly, so users by default
> try to use the sendmail command as "u...@mydomain.com" instead of
> "u...@helpdesk.mydomain.com". This box is being configured as a helpdesk
> therefore it has a "helpdesk" hostname.
>
> syslog.txt <http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/file/n65074/syslog.txt>

You've almost certainly disclosed the password in (the base64
content of) these logs, change it as soon as you get a chance.

--
        Viktor.