Well, i tried with [] in both files, also tried changing the sasl password
file to use domain\user instead of u...@domain.com and still i get the same
errors.

I wonder if exchange is rejecting anything without TLS. Our exchange has a
self signed certificate and i know if i want to try TLS i will need to add
it.

I am trying to do all of this to integrate the helpdesk request tracker with
exchange, but i guess i will stick with the virtual smtp server. It is
insecure since it doesn't do authentication, but that server does not face
the internet directly, and our webserver already uses it to send email from
webapps, so we were already at risk anyway.

Now, to handle incoming mail, which i guess will be handled by fetchmail.