I have this in my main.cf (note: i didn't set this up, my guess is that
debian itself did, or maybe when i installed libsasl2-modules, but i don't
think so)

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes

This is the rest of the relevant content in main.cf
myhostname = helpdesk.ourdomain.com
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = helpdesk.ourdomain.com

relayhost = [exchangeserver.ourdomain.com]
smtp_sasl_security_options =
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl/sasl_passwd
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes

I tried then:

smtp_sasl_tls_security_options
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = login

But if i do the last line, then it says NTLM isn't allowed.

What am i missing to enable TLS properly and then be able to use AUTH LOGIN?