btb:
> hi-
>
> i have a mail submission server [submission/587 only] [msa.example.com]
> for our users [config below].  in that context, it's working as desired.
>   we also have another, separate, msa [msa.systems.example.com], which
> servers and other infrastructure devices use for submitting mail.  how
> can i configure postfix so that all mail introduced via sendmail(1) on
> msa.example.com [regardless of envelope sender/recipient, etc] is
> delivered directly to msa.systems.example.com:submission,

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
    pickup     ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..  pickup
        -o filter=smtp_pickup:a.systems.example.com:submission
    smtp_pickup ..  ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..   ..  smtp
        -o
smtp_sender_dependent_authentication=$smtp_pickup_sender_dependent_authentication
        -o smtp_sasl_password_maps=$smtp_pickup_sasl_password_maps

> and smtp auth is performed with the necessary credentials,

Perhaps you mean sender-dependent credentials?

/etc.postfix/master.cf:
    smtp_pickup_sender_dependent_authentication = yes
    smtp_pickup_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_pickup_sasl_pass