On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 01:24:27AM +0200, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:

> I still don't understand why "postmap" has a result but with
> postfix Viktors rule don't catch the attachment and so finally
> my one from the initial posting two lines below triggers

The live configuration must differ from the test configuration, or
your test is flawed.

Submit mail with sendmail(1):

    (
        printf 'From: %s\n' "$(id -nu)"
        printf 'To: %s\n' "$(id -nu)"
        printf 'Subject: test %d\n' "$(date +%s)"
        printf 'MIME-Version: 1.0\n'
        printf 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream;\n'
        printf ' name=test.exe; charset=us-ascii\n'
        printf '\n'
        printf 'Hi there.\n'
    ) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -it

Likewise:

    (
        printf 'From: %s\n' "$(id -nu)"
        printf 'To: %s\n' "$(id -nu)"
        printf 'Subject: test %d\n' "$(date +%s)"
        printf 'MIME-Version: 1.0\n'
        printf 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream;\n'
        printf ' name=test.exe; charset=us-ascii\n'
        printf '\n'
        printf 'Hi there.\n'
    ) | postmap -h -q - $(postconf -hx mime_header_checks)

Compare mail logs with command-line output.  If not the same,
something in your configuration is causing a different set of rules
to be used.  Perhaps you've multiple cleanup instances (different
cleanup for submission).

--
        Viktor.