On 2015-04-04 Mathias Jeschke wrote:
> I'm experiencing an issue with duplicate suppression and recipient
> address verification.
>
> Basically I'm looking for a solution to suppress mail duplicates when a
> mail is sent to more than one recipient (typically virtual aliases) and
> those recipients/aliases are not disjoint, e.g. consider this alias map:
>
> gro...@example.com    us...@example.com,us...@example.com
> gro...@example.com    us...@example.com,us...@example.com
>
> If someone sends a mail to group1@ and group2@ the user2@ gets two
> copies of the same mail. Back then, when we used Cyrus there was a
> feature called "duplicatesuppression" that did the trick, but Dovecot
> does not seem to have such feature.

This should probably be asked on the respective Dovecot mailing list,
since it's an MDA rather than an MTA problem. I don't think you can
suppress these duplicates in Postfix, because the MTA correctly receives
and delivers two separate transmissions (one for group1, the other for
group2).

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky