On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 06:09:36 -0400, Ruben Safir stated:

> I have been running majordomo for a decade+ with postfix with no
> trouble but I resently turned over to mailman and it is taking
> 3 hours to turn over messages.  And I don't have this problem
> with normal email, just when I use mailman.  DNS is running on the same
> machine.
>
> What can cause the list mail to hang for 3 hour or more?

With the old "crystal ball" out for repair, it is rather hard to say. You
might consider reading the documentation located at:
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail and following the directions.
Including log specific data is also a helpful endeavor.

By the way, have you considered asking this question on the Mailman forum?

--
Jerry