Ruben Safir:

> > > yeah -it shows nothing of interest.  It just shows it is being handed off
> > > to mailman.
> >
> > If you don't post all the related logging, you'll get no further
> > assistance.  The logs will show the relevant timestamps, and may
> > lead to further questions.
>
> which logs and what time stamps?

May I suggest Postfix and Mailman logs. Starting some time before,
and ending some time after an "outage".

That would show something about cause and effect. For example:

- Postfix received no mail for Mailman.

- Postfix received mail for Mailman, but could not deliver it to
  Mailman.

- Postfix delivered mail to Mailman, but Mailman could not send
  mail to Postfix.

- Postfix received mail from Mailman, but could not deliver it to
  the Internet.