--On Tuesday, January 05, 2016 12:46 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Tuesday, January 05, 2016 3:43 PM -0500 Wietse Venema
<wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

I think I mentioned in this thread that the patch is not complete
because the Cyrus implementation expects a string of the form
"ipaddress:portnumber", and the patch provides the address only.

Yep.  We're working on completing it. ;)  It just had some unanticipated
side effects.

Hi Wietse,

One other issue we noticed -- The call to SASL occurs every time the email passes through postfix. For example:
The initial time when the user auth's to port 587
postfix passes off to Amavis
Amavis passes it back to Postfix on port 25, and boom, the sasl bits are called, even though no auth is involved.

Since we have several milters, this happens multiple times. It would seem to me that the sasl auth call should not be occurring after the initial auth on port 587?

Thanks,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount