On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 07:32:02PM -0500, Ron Guerin wrote:

> On 2/29/2016 12:19 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> > For submission of list messages to a large number of recipients, I
> > would generally use sendmail(1) rather than SMTP.  Don't know whether
> > mailman supports that.
> >

> It does, but its use is "highly discouraged".

Perhaps they have their reasons, I would not be so sure they are
the right reasons, but if their implementations handles this poorly,
so be it.  It *should* work well (potentially quite a lot better
than SMTP, as the recipient list gets really large, unless the list
expansion is done by Postfix via a :include: local alias).

So my guess is that the Mailman developers don't understand Postfix
well enough to use it properly, but the converse might also be true.

--
        Viktor.