> In master.cf:
>
>     smtp inet . . . . . postscreen -o smtpd_service_name=blah
>     blah pass  . . . . . smtpd
>
> See postscreen(8) and postconf(5) manpages for details.
>
>         Wietse

Thanks, I don't know how I didn't spot that.

Do you think it's feasible to enhance postscreen to hand off to
different smtpd service names (e.g. with different SMTP AUTH
settings), based on the IP address of the connecting client?  Or based
on the client domain name obtained via PTR record (with a fallback for
when the lookup fails)? (The domain name requirement prevents me using
the firewall to direct incoming connections to different SMTP ports,
hence exploring the postscreen approach.)

I'm also interested in achieving different TLS settings for different
clients (e.g. security level, client cert validation) so I guess
postscreen would need to hand off to different tlsproxy service names
too.

Rob