Dear Postfix folks,

On 02/19/18 20:11, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Jonathan Sélea:

>>> I'm much in favor of reusing the Postfix SMTP client's TLS policy
>>> lookup mechanism for this, for example
>>>
>>>     smtp_policy_maps = socketmap:inet:host:port:name
>>>
>>> and to extend the policy map feature set as needed.
>>>
>>> If the (key, value) interface turns out to be too restrictive, this
>>> interface could be generalized towards something like the SMTP
>>> server access policy delegation protocol (possibly with multiple
>>> commands, multiple request attributes, or multiple reply attributes).
>>>
>>> Like DKIM/DMARC I do not think that complex policies like STS should
>>> be built into core Postfix SMTP components.
>>>

>> It sounds like it is a fairly "easy" implementation? If so, when can
>> expect a testing version for this?
>
> By my estimate this would involve multiple weeks of sustained effort
> by a highly-skilled person. The elapsed time would be considerably
> longer because Postfix maintainers have real jobs, don't take time
> off to do work on the side, and STS development would compete with
> other Postfix development. I would not even estimate the year of
> completion.
>
> The bulk of Postfix SMTPUTF8 support was done by a developer who
> acquired sponsorship from CNNIC (I spent some time to make it nice).
> If you have 10 grand lying around, maybe you can find someone.

$10.000 doesn’t seem a lot judging from all the companies and
organizations using Postfix in their critical infrastructure.

Are Postfix developers and companies listed somewhere, which could
give a quote for the implementation?

If not, could interested people please reply with their contact
detail?

Kind regards,

Paul