On 1/14/19 11:19 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:

The 'invalid parameter supplied' is an error message the local SASL
library. This error happens while Postfix prepares to send the AUTH
command.

Why does the Cyrus SASL library return 'invalid parameter supplied'?
I can only speculate that it does not like something about the SASL
mechanism list (which Postfix got from the Gmail server), or something
about the username or password (which it got from local file).

It would be worthwhile to see the AUTH parameter in the server's
EHLO response before and after Postfix sends STARTTLS.

        Wietse

Thanks Wietse,

Using Angelo's testing methodology, I can see this:

250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [68.226.113.229]
250-SIZE 35882577
250-8BITMIME
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH2 PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-CHUNKING
250 SMTPUTF8

I am not sure how to check from postfix.

Michael