From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org <owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org> On
Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:48 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: New SASL error when relaying through gmail

On 1/14/19 11:19 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:

> The 'invalid parameter supplied' is an error message the local SASL
> library. This error happens while Postfix prepares to send the AUTH
> command.
>
> Why does the Cyrus SASL library return 'invalid parameter supplied'?
> I can only speculate that it does not like something about the SASL
> mechanism list (which Postfix got from the Gmail server), or something
> about the username or password (which it got from local file).
>
> It would be worthwhile to see the AUTH parameter in the server's
> EHLO response before and after Postfix sends STARTTLS.
>
>       Wietse

Thanks Wietse,

Using Angelo's testing methodology, I can see this:

250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [68.226.113.229]
250-SIZE 35882577
250-8BITMIME
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH2 PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-CHUNKING
250 SMTPUTF8

I am not sure how to check from postfix.

Michael