On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 at 18:42, Viktor Dukhovni
<postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 21, 2019, at 9:03 AM, benoit <ben...@z-elec.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem with my postfix sever, I can't connect with TLS, I have
> > this error:
> >
> > Sep 21 10:40:32 jolly postfix/smtpd[23341]: warning: TLS library problem:
> > error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate
> > unknown:../ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1536:SSL alert number 46:
>
> * Since the report is from smtpd(8), this is an incoming
>   SMTP connection from an client.
>
> * The client's TLS stack is sending a TLS fatal alert message
>   to the server
>
> * The alert in question is a "certificate unknown" alert, which
>   might indicate that your certificate chain is issued by an
>   unknown CA, *OR* is incomplete.
>
>   A common mistake is to leave out intermediate issuer certificates
>   from your server chain,   and provide just the leaf certificate.
>   DONT DO THAT.  With Let's Encrypt, use "fullchain.pem".
>
> * It is also possible that the client's alert is "imprecise" and
>   the certificate name does not match the server name, or some
>   other certificate related problem.  Diagnostic information on
>   the client might shed more light on the issue.

I just use:
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/streamingbats.co.uk/fullchain.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/letsencrypt/live/streamingbats.co.uk/privkey.pem

Should I be setting any other parameters?

(It might be helpful to give letsencrypt examples (because now so
common) in the documentation.)