On Sat, 2019-09-21 at 16:13 +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> with letsencrypt (and most other certificate authorities), servers need to
> provide intermediate certificate in addition to their own cert.
>
> postfix does not have separate configuration directive for CA chain file (as
> apache, proftpd and many other servers have, so you must append certificate
> chain file(s) to certificate file provided with smtpd_tls_cert_file or
> smtpd_tls_chain_files (since 3.4).

Wait, what?

This works perfectly fine for me on debian:

smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/letsencrypt/live/smtp.domainmail.net/privkey.pem
smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/letsencrypt/live/smtp.domainmail.net/cert.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile=/etc/letsencrypt/live/smtp.domainmail.net/fullchain.pem
smtpd_tls_CApath=/etc/ssl/certs/

-Jim P.