Gerben Wierda:
> For some reason, I don?t get smtpd logging at all. E.g. when sending a mail
> from Apple Mail.app MUA, this is all I see:
>
> Oct 06 22:42:21 mail postfix/cleanup[1020]: AE6C5504A6F:
> message-id=<8f0db894-0b5a-407c-82fd-1cfb8ef77...@rna.nl>
> Oct 06 22:42:21 mail postfix/qmgr[350]: AE6C5504A6F:
> from=<gerben.wie...@rna.nl>, size=728, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> Oct 06 22:42:21 mail postfix/qmgr[350]: AE6C5504A6F: removed

I note that the SMTP client logging is also missing.

Also, the smtpd process logs the "map open" error before the process
goes into the chroot jail and before it drops privileges.

Maybe the missing logging has to do with the time when the first
event is logged.

If it is chroot related, try turning off smtpd chroot in master.cf,
and do "postfix reload".

If chroot does not make the difference, try turning off smtpd
'unprivileged' in master.cf, and do "postfix reload".

I don't know why either of these could made a difference, but then
MacOS is not really UNIX.