And there are various techniques (for example connection rate limits, response delays, greylisting) that prevent you from "accepting all mail" and that have zero false positives.

As for greylisting, it's no more true now.

Some large and popular mail sending services started some time ago to send mail in a way that is incompatible with greylisting. Greylisting assumes that after first 4xx reject, the sending server will retry: a) after a few minutes; b) from the same IP address. These services: a) retry immediately, after 5-10 seconds; b) use different IP address on each retry and c) give up after a few unsuccessful attempts. Thus it is possible you never get mail sent from these services if you use greylisting.

I stand corrected, I shouldn't have mentioned greylisting, I don't have enough experience of that technique. The two other techniques I mentioned are still valid; I did experience them in the long term, and they have zero false positives.

Gregory