On 27/04/20 1:16 am, Ralph Seichter wrote:
* pe...@pajamian.dhs.org:

People may configure strict DMARC policies for various different
reasons, may be unaware of the issues that causes and may not even
have control over the domain at all.

Lack of knowledge is not an excuse, period. Lack of control just means
the domain's admin needs to poke somebody up the administrative chain to
do their job. In any case, it ist not something the Postfix mailing list
must deal with, because it already -- and wisely -- does not add subject
prefixes or message footers, meaning DKIM signatures remain intact. Any
admin who uses DMARC while not having set up DKIM correctly is asking
for trouble. I won't lift a finger to work around the incompetence of
others in this case, nor do I think this list's manager should.

To aspiring admins out there: Running MTAs requires some skill. You can
do it, but you don't have to. If you decide to go ahead but are doing
things wrong, you cannot expect others to come to the rescue. At least
not free of charge.

I think you are mistaking the expected level of knowledge of an admin vs a user. Users may typically post to an email list (yes even this one) and are certainly not expected to have knowledge of the underlying protocols and technologies.

This is too much to expect every poster to conform to these
expectations, and more importantly there will always be posters who do
not regardless of how much you expect it.

Speaking for myself: I don't care one bit about that. My messages are
processed as they should be, as are those of people with worthwhile
opinions. If somebody is incapable of setting up their MTA correctly to
post via this here mailing list, I am not interested in what they might
have to say about Postfix.

I prefer to be able to see a full conversation rather than having to hunt through my Spam folder for pieces of it.

Peter