On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 09:22:59AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Viktor Dukhovni:
> > Robust detection of MUSL features at build time would be much
> > appreciated.  Precludes any tests that depend on live DNS queries.
> > The tests need to *statically* test the features of the platform's
> > C library.
>
> Agreed. You're welcome to provide a reliable static test (no live DNS).
> Until then, Postfix will build without DANE support.

And then distros will just patch out the breakage. I came at this
issue trying to get a clean solution, but if the Postfix position is
that the project is going to continue to hard-code incorrect "is musl
libc?" tests in the build and disable important functionality because
of some grudge over us being unwilling to do something that's not even
possible (build-time test for a run-time property), it's just going to
end up being something that distros patch around.