salas wrote:

Hello to all:
I am working in a project where they are managed more than 20 geoespatials thematics. Each thematic one has a considerable volume of since information it is of the whole country (I am speaking of a lot more than a million of records). In the project we need to make (mostly) intersection consultations keeping in mind literal attributes. I need to know the experience of somebody in a project of this span and if PostGIS would present some limitation therewith. regards yuriesky

Since PostGIS makes use of the underlying PostgreSQL database, then you may find the following table useful:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#What_is_the_maximum_size_for_a_row.2C_a_table.2C_and_a_database.3F

For several projects I've been involved in, we've had databases into the 10s of millions of rows and PostgreSQL/PostGIS has handled it fine without breaking a sweat :)

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk