On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> Andy, Tom and I were holed up in my study this weekend hacking on P2. (Pic
> at http://opengeodata.org/ !)

Awesome. Some comments and things I've noticed:

- I think the POI+caption side panel is more user-friendly, but maybe
an option for icon only?
- The "Show all [v]" button is ok, but would IMHO work better as a
"More..." sort of icon at the bottom/right of the list rather than the
top.
- Maybe we should start having short and long names for POIs. (eg,
Pool/Swimming pool, Convenience/Small convenience store,
Landmark/Navigation mark) Show the long name on mouseover, and on the
simple editor.
- Can the POI captions wrap? They're cropping pretty badly...
- My tram route patch: icon is broken when there is a tram route on a
way. (Not sure if my fault or not)
- Round way nodes are nice, but consider using square ones as a
contrast (maybe junction nodes?)
- Startup time is phenomenal.
- There should be an icon to open the history dialogue.

BUG: somewhat reproducible:
1) Drag a POI icon like Supermarket over Bakery, then drop it on the map
2) Simple editor opens
3) Click elsewhere on the map
4) POI panel opens again. Sometimes some of the icons that were
dragged over don't display - just text with no icon. (Mousing over
them restores the icon)

Btw for the curious check out
https://github.com/systemed/potlatch2/commits/master

Steve