Steve Bennett wrote:
> I didn't get any response to this. Could someone please have a
> look at this branch? I put quite a lot of work into this, and
> it's a pretty useful tool - especially since we're about to do
> a huge amount of remapping in some areas.

I'll take a proper look at the first opportunity. Unfortunately I'm a bit up
to the eyeballs at the moment (basically the free time I have for the next
two weeks is generally not in front of a machine that can run the current
Flash Debug Player), but things get easier come June.

Two thoughts I've had when looking at it so far:

a) I think the newbie-friendly interface would be best served by adding an
extra icon to the toolbox, which is where all the geometry operations live.
The "make junctions" tool could also get an icon. But before we do that we
really need to add a disclosure triangle below the top row, so that as
standard the toolbox shows the important operations (delete, reverse, cut,
join), and the less mainstream ones can be revealed on demand. Would address
problems with newbies thinking the "straighten way" icon puts you in some
mythical draw mode!

b) Ideally I'd like to replace the "start drawing a way from the centre
node" UI with a circle that follows the mouse, exactly like parallelise
does. I'm happy to work on this when I have the time, but if you beat me to
it I won't complain.

cheers
Richard