Thanks Sergey, very much appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Poznyakoff <g...@gnu.org.ua>
Sent: Saturday, 20 April 2019 9:05 PM
To: pound@apsis.ch
Cc: pound@apsis.ch; ericr <erobi...@gmail.com>
12.0-RELEASE

Hi Scott,

> Does anyone have a step by step on how to get from GIT to a working
> version of pound on ubuntu 18.04?  Sorry I am a noob to compiling and
> GIT...

Please follow these steps:

1. Install the necessary packages

   sudo apt-get install gcc make autoconf automake libssl-dev libpcre3-dev
openssl

2. Clone the repo

   git clone https://github.com/graygnuorg/pound

3. Change to the source directory

   cd pound

4. Bootstrap the project

   autoreconf -f -i -s

5. Configure it:

   ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

This will install pound into its usual location (/usr/sbin). If you omit
--prefix, it will be installed to /usr/local/sbin.

6. Build it:

   make

This can take some time due to generation of Diffie-Hellman parameters.
With newer gcc you would get a bunch of warnings like:

  warning: ignoring return value of 'read'
  warning: ignoring return value of 'write'

Ignore them.

7. Install pound:

   sudo make install

Best regards,