I'm still scratching my head over this one. None of the suggested 
combos worked for me. None seem to actually pass the file to the 
command. The command would run but without processing the file.
Here's 
what I've found so far:

If I put this as the only command in a context entry using the 
following, it works perfectly:
C:\nconvert.exe        and in the parameters box:
-quiet -resize 50% 50% "|"
This runs the command on the highlighted file.

If I put all this in a do statement, it does not work. But at least 
this pops up an error box that I can analyze, unlike when in a
script. 
I have tried:
do(?"C:\nconvert.exe", "-resize 50% 50% "|") - giving me the
following 
error: "bad expression: expecting operator at C:\\temp\\eds.jpg") 

Next I tried:
do(?"C:\nconvert.exe", "-resize 50% 50% ?"|")  and
do(?"C:\nconvert.exe", ?"-resize 50% 50% "|")
Those give the same error message.

I then tried putting the file outside the parens:
do(?"C:\nconvert.exe", ?"-resize 50% 50%) "|" and
do(?"C:\nconvert.exe", ?"-resize 50% 50%) ?"|"
Both error messages slightly different: expecting opeator at 
C:\\temp\\eds.jpg" (no closing parens this time) The ?"|" does not 
strip the second \ in the file names.

Next I try:
do(?"C:\nconvert.exe", "-resize 50% 50%) _file_  
Error box says ".. expecting value or variable at "-resize 50% 50%) 
_file_"

Can anybody make sense of the error messages enough to point out what 
is wrong?


--- In [email protected], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > (?"D:\Graphics\XnView\nconvert.exe", ?"-quiet -resize 75% 75% 
*.jpg")
> > (?"D:\Graphics\XnView\nconvert.exe", ?"-quiet -resize 75% 75% arg
(1)")
> > and
> > (?"D:\Graphics\XnView\nconvert.exe", ?"-quiet -resize 75% 75%
var")
> 
> Last one is pretty close, try:
> (?"D:\Graphics\XnView\nconvert.exe", ?"-quiet -resize 75% 75% " ++ 
_file_)
> Or (don't think this will evaluate the _file_ because it's in the 
quotes)
> (?"D:\Graphics\XnView\nconvert.exe", ?"-quiet -resize 75% 75%
_file_")
> 
> David Troesch  |  Atlanta, GA  |  ICQ# 2333123
> If you don't take action, someone else will. http://action.eff.org
> Funstuff: T-Shirt: Working hard to create new and exotic fragrances.





Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to