--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Are the context bars visible but hidden under their associated 
window?  
> You could check this with a *info on your main bar which evaluates 
an 
> expression like win.visible("barname") to see if it becomes 1 when 
the 
> bar is supposed to appear.  Visible means not hidden and so this 
should 
> be 1 even if bar is under another window.
> 
> win.top("=PowerPro") does not try to put all powerpro windows on 
top, 
> just the first one found, which may be the hidden main window.
> 
> If the bars are visible but not on top, try a series of win.ontop
> ("barname") for each context bar.
> 
> If however the bars are remaining invisible, then I don't know what 
the 
> issue could be.
>

Thanks, Bruce.  I determined that the context bars are visible but 
hidden behind their associated windows.  I tried programming a button 
with a series of win.ontop("barname") commands, for all of my context 
bars (I have a bunch of them), but it appears that these commands 
will only work on context bars that are visible (hidden or not).  
Because all the context bars are not visible at the same time 
(because they are associated with different applications, and only 
one application has focus at a time), the command only works on the 
presently visible context bar(s) - i.e., the context bar(s) that 
belong to the app that has focus. 

So, here is what I did.  My main bar is "ButtonBar", so one of my 
mouse buttons does win.ontop("buttonbar").  If PP suddenly loses 
ontop status, I can press the mouse button to bring the buttonbar 
back.  On the button bar, I programmed a button to show a menu, with 
one entry for each app that has a context bar.  When and if I go to 
use that app, if the context bar(s) for that app are hidden, I can 
bring up the menu and click on the menu button for that app - the 
button is programmed to first show the app window, to give it focus 
(which makes the context bars visible, even if hidden), and then 
makes each context bar ontop.

Works for now as a workaround.  But, if there is a way to restore 
ontop status to all my context bars at one time, en masse, without 
having to fire up each app that has a context bar, that would be 
helpful.

Thanks again for your fantastic program and your excellent 
support!!!  I appreciate it every day.

Reply via email to